Frequently Asked Questions
AAA Security Depot Offers Lifetime Tech Support 855-887-7020
Q: Do I need to charge my battery when I receive it?
A: Our batteries are shipped fully charged, while they are fully charged, we recommend charging the battery for 24 hours for optimum life.
Q: I'm trying to plug my battery in but the connectors don't fit what do I do?
A: Most Batteries are shipped with plastic terminal protectors, please remove to properly connect the battery to your device.
Q: I have never replaced a battery, is there anything I need to know?
A: Be careful to not cross wires to avoid sparks or short, Connect Red terminal of battery to Red cable and Black terminal to Black cable.
Q: My Battery arrived with Flat or Bent Termainal
A: Terminals may get bent during shipping and may require being bent back into place. Simply use a
small screwdriver to pry up the terminal into place, this should not require very much force, and will not damage the battery or void your warranty.
Q: What do I do with my old battery?
A: Please dispose of your old battery according to your City or Towns Ordinances.
Q: I plugged my new battery into my alarm and it's still blinking and or showing Low Battery
A: Some Alarms require a "Hard Reset?" when you replace the battery, Please follow the steps below
- Contact Alarm monitoring company and place alarm system on test.
- Un-Plug burglar alarm transformer from wall, transformer may have a screw into outlet.
- Disconnect old battery, Remove plastic protectors & Install new battery matching red cable to red terminal & black cable to black terminal.
- Reconnect burglar alarm transformer and you are finished.
- Please note the low battery or “low Bat” symbol may take up to 48 hours to disappear.
Burglar alarm transformers should be replaced between 5-7 years, if transformer is extremely hot or has any burn marks replace immediately.